Sunday, August 17, 2008

The couple who plays together, Stays together.

Today I used my wife as a guinea pig for my training regime. Turned out that we trained each other a bit and we had a great time kicking each other's ass. 

We did handstand holds for 20 seconds followed by pushup (set 1), 20 second handstand pushup followed by jumping thrust and snatches (2 sets). In between each set we skipped rope for 1 minute; 3o-45 seconds rest between sets. Then we did 3 sets of walking lunges with medicine ball twists followed by mountain climbers (25 reps). After that torture was over, we did over hand pull-ups to failure followed immediately by one-legged balanced two-arm bicep dumbbell curls, again to failure (3 sets). To wrap up Austen, my wife ran and I did the slide board (which emulates ice skating). 

To be honest, I was a little worried to be working out WITH my wife, not the least of which because she is one of the fittest people I know, but also because working out can get tense and might incite an argument. Think this situation that you might encounter while working out with a buddy: "Push you pussy, push! One more rep or I am going to kick your ass". I think Tom Myers might have actually said that to me once during a workout, I believed him and he CAN kick my ass. That kind of workout motivation with your romantic partner, however, could go awry.. to say the least. It didn't though. And afterward we were both really tired, sweaty, and enjoyed working out together. It's also pretty darn hot to see your main squeeze working out harder than the mirror muscle meatheads as well. 

No comments: