Sunday, September 28, 2008

One-arm negative dyno combo pushup


OK, this is a new move that I sort of created while away at a wedding. After running a bit, I decided i was going to do some standard dyno pushups, you know the kind where you pushup and your hands leave the ground. OK, easy enough right. I figured, I would be eating a ton of shit and drinking like a fish so I had better up the ante and make this an actual workout, so I did. Here's how you do it (again I would post pics, but my f-ing phone is on the shit again! - advice - do not under any circumstances ever waste money on the new palm 800 - it blows! work gives it to me for free, otherwise i'd have an iPhone already). Ok the move:

Get in standard pushup position (medium grip) with legs fairly wide apart (at least should width, if not more). Now, slowly lower yourself. Pause for 1-3 seconds at the bottom and explode out of the move so that your hands are lifted off of the ground. Now while in the air move one hand to the center (to land on) and the other either behind your back or tight into your abdomen. Now land on one hand and slowly (as slowly as you can) lower yourself to the bottom pushup position. While in the bottom position, place your other hand on the floor and explode up. Repeat the process, but alternate which hand you land on. I could not do many, but am working to do about 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

Photo credit: 1

2 comments:

gilesdm said...

dude, that sounds haaaaarrrd!

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

it's very hard, but a good workout when on the road.