Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peanutbutter and Jam Smoothie

So in my opinion nothing accompanies a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich better than a tall glass of milk. So I decided to try and make a smoothie, with milk, that emulated this wonderful flavor. 

Here goes.
Into your magic bullet/blender toss the following items and blend until smooth:

2 Tablespoons (or more, depending on your taste) Peanutbutter (can be smooth or crunchy, but generally I try to use low or reduced fat varieties)

Generous helping (about a handful) of raisins (for this item you could substitute the fruit of your favorite jam, preserve, or jelly (e.g., raspberry would work well))

Big handful of ice

1/2 cup milk (low fat if possible)

cup of dry cereal (I use post shredded wheat and bran, but you could use anything from lucky charms to Cheerios, I would think)

You could also add a banana, protein mix, weight gainer, or whatever your pleasure is. 

Then, Drink.

No comments: