Thursday, September 4, 2008

Front Lever Progression 2

So yesterday I tried a front lever on a lat pull down bar placed conveniently across the pull-up station at my gym.  I paste below a vid I took today - I am so tired from doing these two days in a row. I also must mention that if you thought normal work out routines, exercises, or the other shit I do captured attention and strange looks, well they pale in comparison to the looks you get when trying a front level in the gym. Especially if you are as bad at it as I am.  

What you should see here is me moving my rope out of the way, followed by some concentrated hanging with intense breathing to get ready for the move. Then I do two back to back. The first one is held for about 2 seconds. You will see that I got too much swing in the second rep and lose my handle and control resulting in me dropping the move.  Again bad vid quality, but gets across what I am trying. It is absolutely killer on your rear deltoids!


2 comments:

gilesdm said...

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!
That's one of the best things I've seen you do! Do you know how hard that is for us humans? You are one stong muthafucka!

I'm totally inspired! I'm tempted to leave work and go the gym right now! Mate, how did you build up the strengh to do that?

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

thanks dan - strength was built up b/c I was held up practicing handstands b/c of my back injury
thanks though

dont leave work though - you can work out after work!

i still wish we could train together - i am sure we would motivate each other to make huge gains.

by the way - when you video yourself - how do the folks at EFC react? The folks at God's give me some strange looks.

did you see my suspended dips vid?