Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mountain View Moves


Today Aussy and I went hiking up part of the Appalachian Trail to two hikes called Pickin's Nose and Albert Mountain.  At the top of Albert Mtn, there is a huge 360 degree overlook of the Smokey and the Blue Ridge Mtns in North Carolina and a Fire Watch Tower. So, while up at the top of the mountain (about 5400 feet above sea level), I thought why not pull a move (nothing fancy, see above). I wish I could train there all the time. The views were breathtaking and inspiring. 

2 comments:

gilesdm said...

Awesome! imagine training someplace like that on a regular basis. I sometimes wonder why I bother paying a gym membership, when all i really need is a fricking wall, some grass and a rope or two!

When i move house, I am going to construct some beams in my back garden with some pull-up bars, ropes, free weights (probably consisting of large stones) and maybe some rings... I recon I would be able to make an excellent workout station for maybe £200 top and I't would have of what i need than my actual gym does! :)
Excellent post man, keep them coming!

Prof. Steven M. Platek said...

Dan, it was aweomse. And I agree about the gym membership. I do have to say that lately i have been using some machines, because of my back, but generally speaking all i need is my suspension trainer (did you see that post and the pics?), some weights (& I love the idea of using heavy rocks - seriously old school, how about kettle balls?), a pull up bar and a dip bar, or gymnastic bars are, or would be essential!

If you do create one of these home workout stations please take pics.

By the way, is your wife trying these moves with you? Are you two still running together?